One day your boss comes into your office and announces that he wants to publish an email newsletter about your department, company or organization. And then he gives you the job of actually producing it. He gives you a deadline and says “I look forward to seeing a draft of the first edition next week.” What do you do?
I’ve created and managed a few email newsletters over the years. Just as with a blog, an email newsletter is built around content. Here are 30 content ideas for your email newsletter.
1. Links to and excerpts from your recent blog posts.
2. Links to and excerpts from other web sites or blogs that your readers might find useful or interesting.
3. A short essay or letter that’s not published anywhere else.
4. An exclusive tip of the week/month.
5. Links to your company’s social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook fan pages, etc.).
6. News and announcements about what’s going on in your business or organization.
7. Special offers, discounts and coupons.